In today’s competitive environment, every company is challenged to maximize profits and improve efficiencies. One of the key ways to accomplish these goals is through your workforce. With the evolving changes that the inland river transportation industry is now facing, many companies lack the time, resources, and knowledge to effectively manage their workforce. We can offer you the HR knowledge and experience to help you make the crucial decisions that will give your company the competitive edge.
Outsourcing your HR functions makes good business sense because it offers you:
- Cost savings – staffing a fully functional HR department is a fixed cost and can easily exceed over $100,000 a year. Outsourcing HR functions is a variable cost which provides more flexibility based on your business needs.
- Risk Management – not only do employment laws change regularly, but laws and regulations specific to the industry are sometimes difficult to interpret. Unless you hire an attorney, very few HR professionals will be familiar with these laws that impact the industry.
- Objectivity – there is value to your HR team being independent of your organization. Since we are outsourced, we can offer you objective guidance and support.
- Superior quality of service –you will always find us to be efficient, effective, and responsive to your needs.
We Want To Be Your HR Partner
Services we offer:
- Recruiting – we can offer everything from improvements and support with your current process to managing your full recruiting life-cycle from sourcing to onboarding.
- Employee management – communicating and developing your employees can be tricky given the diversity of the workforce and the legal environment today. That is why you need a skilled business partner to help you manage the HR challenges confronting your business. We can assist you through performance management and employee engagement.
- Employee development –employees with the contemporary skills to function in today’s work environment are essential for a successful organization. We can help you navigate these areas to energize your workforce by providing tailored training that meets your needs, as well as those required by regulatory agencies.
- HR administration – functions like exit interviews, unemployment claims, leave administration, Jones and Longshore Act claims investigations and case management, policy development, etc., are essential functions that can have a positive impact on your organization and profitability. Our team of seasoned professionals can effectively manage these functions for your organization.
- Additional services – depending on your organizational needs, we can provide specific services to your company. Some examples are employee & wage surveys, job descriptions development, guidance on performance issues, and in conjunction with our legal team, recommend actions concerning legal issues.
CEO & President, Tom Montgomery, has a doctorate in Business Administration, a Masters of Arts in Organizational Communication, and undergraduate degrees in psychology and criminal justice. Tom has over 35 years of experience in Human Resources which include recruiting, employee relations, union avoidance, training & education, benefit administration, safety & claims administration, employee development, performance management, affirmative action, Coast Guard licensing, USCG/DOT drug testing, EEO complaints, and other HR administrative functions. His broad range of experience includes 18 years with the largest inland marine operator in the U.S., as well as working in state government, agriculture, institutional settings (both public and private), and in the banking and telecommunications industries. He has been a small business consultant and trainer, and has owned several small businesses. Through his creativity and visionary approach, he has helped companies achieve a competitive advantage that has long-term rewards for the organization.